Are you a Lion or a Mouse!

The lion roared with pain as a nail had got into his paw, no one bothered to help him but a mouse. The lion was so appreciative of this fact that the next time the mouse was in trouble, the lion did not think twice to help him. The trust that the lion and the mouse showed on each other is still etched in my memory from the time I have read this in my school. I believed that stories with morals always had an impact on one’s life, not anymore.


The lion and the mouse story teach us the importance of appreciation, thanking, being there for each other at times of need irrespective of the fact that you may be the “King of the jungle” or of the “enormity of the deed”. Now take a moment and think, in your everyday life with the varying roles all of us play, how many such people or incident you remember where someone has appreciated/ thanked you without any expectations.

Every day when I teach my child that you should thank people for the good they do, I feel if this is of any use to her as the world around her does not have time to think about good. I write this as I experience this in the world I face each moment. People around you are waiting to see and talk about what was not right about something that you did rather than even notice one such thing they liked.

I find myself repeating that what a thankless job I do! The lions of today’s world are worried only about their pride and position and would just trample the mouse that would try removing the nail from its paw. So for all the mouse’s out there, mind your business and do what is required of you and when you become a lion , never loose sight of the fact that you too were a mouse once!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reel of Feelings ( A- Anger) #AtoZ Challenge

And it made the difference - Write tribe festival of words #4

I am fertile (#InfertilityNotATaboo)