S for Shikara Stories - # A to Z challenge 2017

In this A to Z challenge , I am attempting very small verses of poetry for all things that are at home or office which are either showpieces or left there for its own reason. I am imagining that each of it is telling its own story !




Is there another sight ?
As beautiful as what I see in this eve's twilight;
With so much glee and teeth all white
I sway the roar with all my might ;
Colors in its infinity , in this land
Can I pack it all away with a magic wand?
Dip my hand , in the blue of blue
Swaying my way , dancing to you;
Flowers bloom in a fingers touch 
Will time not stand , standstill as such;
This little ride ," Shikara shikara"
Will be me with till the end of an era;

Comments

Radhika said…
Your poetry tiok me on a beautiful ride on the shikara. I loved it😊
Ash said…
Thank you Radhika..
Nilanjana Bose said…
The shikaras are beautiful and their story is too.

Best wishes,
Nilanjana.
Madly-in-Verse


Nick Wilford said…
Lovely. I imagine them going on their own enchanted voyage...
Unknown said…
Shikara a floating on the Daal lake do make for a poetic scene. Add to it the hues and colours of Mother Nature...wonderful poem... Reminded me of our ride in Shikaras just year back.
----------------------------------------
Anagha from Team MocktailMommies
Collage of Life
Beautiful! Your words took me to a new place for a while :-) Happy A-to-Z-ing.
Somehow, you made me feel the movement on the water. Lovely!
Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Popular posts from this blog

Reel of Feelings ( A- Anger) #AtoZ Challenge

And it made the difference - Write tribe festival of words #4

I am fertile (#InfertilityNotATaboo)